Networker

[Networker] NMM granular backup of sharepoint - moss farm backup

2009-05-11 00:35:27
Subject: [Networker] NMM granular backup of sharepoint - moss farm backup
From: JKK <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 00:16:59 -0400
Hi.

I'm trying to get the NMM 2.1 client to work on a sharepoint 2007 server
and a NW 7.4.4.

I'm going through the admin guide, which I find quite tedious, and
configuring the client accordingly.

Thus I've ran the nsr_moss_save -f to get the save set name of the farm.
Then I configure the backup command to be nsr_moss_save, and the
Application information field to be: OPTIMIZED=false.

The group starting the client is not using snapshot pool since that is only
for snapshot backups and the granular farm backup of Sharepoint does not
use that.

I let the Networker sharepoint connector service run as the sharpoint
installation user and define this user in the Administration field on the
NetWorker server(user=username,host=FQDN)

I always get this error:

"
Notification: Staging completed with error at 5/11/2009 4:03:06 AM. Error:
Failed to compare two elements in the array.
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
"

I've been working on this with EMC support for too long, and it's like they
have no idea how to troubleshoot this NMM 2.1 module and I have the feeling
this has never been used anywhere.

Is anyone out there with good experience using the NMM successfully?

Regards,
Johannes