Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage node config with a phisical library not connected to the NW server

2009-05-05 08:05:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage node config with a phisical library not connected to the NW server
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 12:58:46 +0100
Jóhannes Karl Karlsson wrote:
I've confirmed that the VTL library is using a Virtual Tape Library Frame by
comparing the enabler code for the VTL to the VTLF enabler code.

I've done the same for the new library. We only have these two libraries. And
we have a working autochanger license which has the enabler code which the new
library is occupying.

I notice that on the STN, the "tapes" command does not give any output, though it's
recognized. If I run "inquire" it gives normal ouput.

If I run on the STN the jbconfig command, it gives me this:

C:\Users\Administrator>jbconfig
cannot connect to NSR service on stn.domain.com
39078:jbconfig: RPC error: Program not registered

To run jbconfig on a storage node you need to specify the server name with a -s parameter.