Networker

[Networker] Can mix Networker x32 and x64 version ?

2009-04-28 14:39:39
Subject: [Networker] Can mix Networker x32 and x64 version ?
From: Marc Couture <marc.couture AT SIT.ULAVAL DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:31:37 -0400
Hi everybody,

We plan to migrate to Networker 7.5.1. Now we use 7.4.4 with a Windows
master server and 2 storagenodes and 4 storagenode dedicated. All these
servers use the 32 bits Networker version x86 on a Windows 32 bits
environment. We change the master server for more performance.

On my new Networker master server, I plan to install an x64 bits Windows
OS (windows 2003 or windows 2008 ?) with the Networker x64 version. Should
install the same version (64 bits) on all my storagenodes ? Is it possible
to mix x32 and x64 for my storagenodes and master server ?

Is the x64 version offer more stability than the version x32 ?

I use a STK Library with HP LTO3 drive FC. Does exist the drivers for
these device for a Windows 2003 x64 ? for Windows 2008 X64 ?

What is your recommendations.

Thanks