Networker

Re: [Networker] [Oracle backup]

2009-04-20 05:17:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] [Oracle backup]
From: Ronny Egner <RonnyEgner AT GMX DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:08:14 +0200
Hi all,

problems regarding the load of the media management library
are often caused by not placing the library in $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

According to the documentation you have to place the file
/lib/libnwora.so in $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.so. I recommend
linking (ln -s) the file instead of copying it.

>From Oracle 10g on Linux onwards you do not need to relink the
oracle database in order to load the library. Placing the library
in the correct location and using a 64-bit library for a 64-bit database
is enough. The library will be loaded dynamically when you start rman.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Ronny Egner
RonnyEgner AT gmx DOT de