Networker

Re: [Networker] Error Networker

2009-04-14 20:47:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Error Networker
From: Craig Faller <craigf AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:31:02 +1000
Gee'z guys, read the rel supps and admin guides etc prior to upgrading. With
any new revision/version there will always be a few new Features or improved
functionality. This Message your receiving isnt a BUG..lol, its a new feature
to allow improve alerting and notifications (altho i find this one of zero
benefit at this point in time)....

just because its different from the version you upgraded From doesnt mean its a
Bug.

here is the official EMC Blog.....

Symptoms

Savegroup warning: Inactive files in save set E:\ on host <client_name> occupy
89.99 percent of the used space which exceeds threshold of 30 percent
configured for this client."

Cause

New parameters in NetWorker 7.4:

File inactivity threshold - The number of days a file has not been accessed
before it is counted as inactive.

A value of zero indicates that no inactivity statistics will be collected for
this group.

File inactivity alert threshold - Percentage of space occupied by inactive
files, exceeding which will generate a notification.  A value of zero indicates
that no alert will be sent for this group.

Resolution

The message is informational only. It means that the percentage of unchanged
data (inactive files) is larger than the percentage it has been configured to
flag.  To modify the threshold parameter:

- Under the View pull-down menu, select Diagnostic Mode.

- Right-click on a client.

- Select Properties, and they are on the General tab.

To disable Inactive File Alerts for all groups on a specific server:

- Select the server in NMC.

- Double click on Managed Application in the right pane.

- Click on the Configuration button on the menu bar.

- Expand the tree of the NetWorker Server to be managed. If it is not, click on
Notifications and in the right pane, right click on Inactive Files Alert.

- Select Properties and in the Action field, delete the command written.