Networker

[Networker] Saveset vanished on retention extended vols

2009-04-06 23:37:52
Subject: [Networker] Saveset vanished on retention extended vols
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT au>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:33:23 +1000
Hi,
I have a bunch of Savesets I was recovering from March 2007.

The retention policy for the SSID's was to expire after about 2 years (ie NOW).

So last week, we applied the following to the SSID required:

nsrmm -S 3087846177 -w "+1 year" -e "+1 year"

And the SSID indeed showed an extra year added to its life expectancy.

Now my own life expectancy is in doubt because the wonderful product has seemingly deleted or expired all the Indexes for that client's SSID and I do not know what to do next.

When I check a volume that the SSID was on, the Index no longer seems to exist. But all the other Indexes for other Clients on the same volume are there.

But the Expiration field as shown in NMC is now blank.

Please tell me what has happened and how to get my $@#%$^ data back!

Can I use nsrck -L7 or will that not work for this?

It's taken us 5 weeks already to recover 2.3 TB from the saveset, one set of directories at a time, alphabetically.

I will award a bazillion (it's a number, accord to george Bush) quatloos to the best answer. I'm stuck :(

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT