Networker

Re: [Networker] Auto unmount of tapes after savegroup completion

2009-04-03 11:31:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Auto unmount of tapes after savegroup completion
From: Rick Brode <rick AT BRODETRAINING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:26:34 -0600
This is usually set using the "Idle Device Timeout" attribute in the Timers tab of the jukebox resource. It specifies the number of minutes after an operation finishes before the tape is unmounted. The default value of 0 means to not automatically unmount the tape.

Rick

Vooris, Josh wrote:
I recently completed a migration of one of my NetWorker servers to
different hardware.  This involved moving my tape library to the new
server and setting it back up using jbconfig on the new server.  I have
noticed that now the jukebox does not automatically unmount tapes
following a savegroup completion like it did on the old server.  Is
there a setting that I might have missed that will restore this
functionality?
Joshua L. Vooris

Storage Administrator

Century Aluminum
Global IT Support Services
115 East 2nd Street

Owensboro, KY 42303
Phone: (270) 852-2822
Cell: (270) 315-4177
E-mail: JVooris AT centuryky DOT com <mailto:JVooris AT centuryky DOT com>