Networker

[Networker] Notifications and parameters from them?

2009-04-02 06:19:07
Subject: [Networker] Notifications and parameters from them?
From: bobalob <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 06:09:16 -0400
> I am trying to setup some basic email notifications but I don't
> understand how Notifications pass event information to the Action. For
> instance:
>
> smtpmail -h mailhost -s "%s" %s %s Administrators
>
> What is the %s in here?
>
> Perhaps a better way to ask this is, if I want a custome Savegroup
> Completion notification, how does my Action get the savegroup name?
>
> If I missed this in the docs, let me know. It doesn't seem to be covered
> in the Notifications section of the Admin manual.

Hi Rob,

I have the exact same issue, I'm tired of hunting though loads of emails with
the same subject. I'd just like to be able to pass a variable on the subject
line telling me the name of the job that just completed, what would also be
nice is if it could tell me if it failed in the subject too!

I'm sure this must be possible somehow, but have tried a few %<letter>
combinations to no avail.

Does anyone have this set up and working for them? I'm sure that people want
this functionality!

Dave.