Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Restore error

2009-04-01 18:51:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Restore error
From: Aaron Sakowski <dirtrin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:43:37 -0400
Hello,

Can you test a saveset restore?  In the early days of NDMP backup/restore,
the file based restores took hours to complete, even for small files.
However, save set restores would finish very quickly.  It is possible that
you are running into this situation.  I thought that this problem was fixed
in NDMP version 3 and/or NetWorker 7.X.

Other things to check if the above doesn't apply:

- make sure you have the settings that Saiyed listed in the client
definition of the NDMP client.  This should be added to the "application
information" field.
- Are you performing a file based restore?  to the original location?  to
another location on the same NAS device?  to a different NAS device?  if you
are relocating the restore to a different NAS device, then you may be
running into qtree/volume permissions issues.
- Are you performing a save set restore, but only specifying a
file/directory to be recovered from that save set?  If recoverying a subset
of a save set, do you have the path correct?  Did that path exist in the
saveset (check with nsrinfo)?