Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB and Networker 7.4.x

2009-03-31 13:11:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB and Networker 7.4.x
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:04:58 -0500
Hello,
Vmware has a good guide on integrating VM backups with Legato, i would
suggest upgrading Vmservers to 3.5 SP3 or higher version , you can
download the vmware module that goes on the proxy server from vmware, the
install instructions are on there, if you don't find it, email me offlist
and i will try to sort things out for you.
You will need a good proxy server ( decent hardware) that has direct ( FC
level or NFS, ISCSI) access to the vmdatastores, the actual setup for
vmware for backup  is not that difficult  as long as you read the guide
and have SAN, server background.
Proxy server should be properly sized and should have adequate local
storage for backup ( This storage requirement is based on your
environment), i.e VM's are backed up to local mount point i.e D:\mnt.
HTH

Lam Nguyen <tien.lam.nguyen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/31/2009 11:33 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Lam Nguyen <tien.lam.nguyen AT GMAIL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: VCB and Networker 7.4.x

Hello Martin or anyone in this thread who cna help me.

I will be starting to implement VCB in my networker environmment.

This is our environment all Windows platforms:
About 5 ESX host version 3.0.2
Networker server and storage node version 7.4.3

I want to implement VCB to backup the console and WM.

Can anyone tell me where to go to get some kind of install documentation
that would tell you to install and configure this from A_to Z ?
>From waht I read here, this is not a trivial thing to configure.

Thanks