Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB and Networker 7.4.x

2009-03-31 11:14:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB and Networker 7.4.x
From: "John Chaney (CF)" <john AT CHANEYFAMILY DOT BIZ>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:10:04 -0500
Chester,

Thanks for the info.

So far the only way I can backup in the environment I'm at is by using
VM:Guest:*FULL* as the saveset on the proxy host, no matter what version of
Networker I put on the proxy host or what version of Networker I'm running
on the Networker server (Windows or AIX).

Another item I ran across this morning is the virus scanner on the proxy
host.  I looked at the log and I see a lot of messages pertaining to
vcbmounter.  Not sure if this is the issue but I'm going to see if I can
disable the virus scanner for a test.

I just don't understand what the VM:guest:*FULL* is working but defining the
guest as a client with *FULL* is not.  Everything works the same up to the
point of Networker backing up the copied image.

I really do appreciate the responses from all of you.

John