Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Labelling Issue

2009-03-30 14:03:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Labelling Issue
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:58:04 -0500
Only the backup server, and only a backup server with a large number of
clients.  Our test server, with 9 clients, did not experience this issue - I
assume because the data load was not sufficient.

So far, EMC/Legato has acknowledged only 2 sites having this issue.  We are one
of them.   The server worked fine using networker 7.2 with this version of
McAfee.   When we upgraded to 7.4, the issue popped up.

We tried every trick we (and EMC support) could think of - including excluding
directories, and various scan options.  I even upgraded McAfee to 8.7, hopping
that would fix it, but it did not.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk