Networker

[Networker] Force Networker to trust barcode label?

2009-03-30 11:14:21
Subject: [Networker] Force Networker to trust barcode label?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:08:26 -0500
This may be an old question, but is there any way to force Networker to
trust a barcode label and not actually load the tape to inventory it?

The reason I ask is that over the years of working with Networker, I've
seen it do both. What I mean is, if I add an existing (known, proper pool,
etc.) tape to a library and then run "nsrjb -j library_name -I -S
slot_number" to inventory the tape, wometimes it's satisfied with what it
reads from the barcode, but other times (more often) it actually loads it
into a drive and checks it for sure. I've not seen any pattern and don't
recall seeing anything in the documentation about why it does one over the
other.

Is there a way to force Networker to just trust the barcode? When adding a
number of tapes it would speed things up considerably if so.

Thanks.