Networker

[Networker] Legato Loses Location

2009-03-26 20:32:52
Subject: [Networker] Legato Loses Location
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT au>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:23:07 +1100
Hi,
using Legato 7.4.2 on 2 servers.

The first one was an upgrade from 7.2.1, the second is a fresh install.

I have noticed that the "Location" field is being unset by the system.

Then I have to manually reset it for several volumes, all from the same approximate dates to the correct location.

Then 2 days later the same thing happens.

I use the Location field to drive our Offsite routines.  It is no good if this
fails.

Furthermore the second system has the same problem PLUS it seems to lose tapes completely.

For example, I noted volid 300077 had Location unset.  I reset it to the correct
location.  It has no other locations, just the L700.

So then I want that particular tape so I delete its index.

Then I go to relabel it - IT'S GONE!

nsrjb and the rest of the system commands do not know anything about the volume or anything. It doesn't exist at all. Where it once occupied a slot,
it has no appearance in any of the outputs at all.

This is a tape that existed last week and appears to no longer exist anywhere in the library. it has not been withdrawn or manipulated in any way.

The only thing I can think of is that "recycle from/to other pools" is enabled
on this system.

Can anyone confirm they have seen a similar issue as above?

What commands should I run to check that the Location field is not being corrupted etc?

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT