Networker

Re: [Networker] Devices page says "not in media index"

2009-03-24 11:58:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Devices page says "not in media index"
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:52:39 -0400
I saw this once before after stopping / restarting the Networker
processes...  I was not that concerned about it at the time because the
more pressing issue was the loss of the drive mapping that occurred
where the tape drives were not mapped to their device paths correctly...
Another stop / restart of the processes cleared both issues up, so I
never gave it much thought... I think sometimes things don't synchronize
properly between the media database and the library contents when
Networker processes startup... My only concern at the time it happened
was to get things working ASAP...