Networker

Re: [Networker] Clone from EDL to library

2009-03-22 22:45:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Clone from EDL to library
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:38:07 -0400
Hi

One option you can consider is using the EDL NetWorker embedded storage
node option. This would be an additional purchase, but would allow the
EDL itself to read from the VTL and clone to the physical tape library.
This is better than reading the data back into your storage node and
writing the data to the physical tape library - the embedded storage
node option does all of the cloning work.

tl