Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating index files and media db from Primary to DR

2009-03-22 06:06:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating index files and media db from Primary to DR
From: Siobhan Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:02:50 +1100
If having DR is so important that you have to jump through all these hoops,
I'd suggest actually looking at what is supported in NetWorker.

NetWorker supports Active/Passive clustering of NW servers.

You might consider synchronous replication to the remote site.

You do have to be careful when bringing up the remote site. What happens if
the server was in the middle of a commit to the media or index databases?
Index is not so much of a problem, but the media index is.

Siobhan