Networker

Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4

2009-03-21 06:17:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 06:12:14 -0400
On 3/20/09 4:01 PM, Teresa Biehler wrote:
David,

Did they provide you a README or description of what the patches
addressed?  We were also given a cumulative fix for v7.4.4.  Here are
the notes that we received:

Cumulative hotfix NW 7.4.4.1 includes the following new fixes.
LGTsc22849 New device cannot be added with jbedit LGTsc23458 savegrp processes hang after inactivity timeout. LGTsc24106 volretent taking longest ssretent instead of clretent LGTsc25528 Enable improved nsrmmgd error processing for non-CDI devices

Included were new binaries for nsrmmd, nsrlcpd, nsrjobd and nsrmmdbd.

That's interesting, because when EMC finally fixed LGTsc24106 for me, they provided me with replacement binaries for nsrmmdbd, nsrim, and nsrck.

Their first try replaced just nsrmmdbd -- but still the volretents were being updated to have the wrong values. Sadly, the "what" output on the binaries EMC gave me does not say 7.4.4.1. However, the nsrmmdbd that didn't work has a build date of "Mon Jan 19 14:06:11 2009" and is for arch solaris7w. The ones that did fix the problem have a build date of "Thu Feb 12 15:30:44 2009".