Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Recover Error

2009-03-20 12:12:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Recover Error
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:05:18 -0400
On
> Behalf Of jasondre
> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 11:43 AM
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
> Subject: [Networker] NDMP Recover Error
>
> jasondre wrote:
> >

> > Alright, we are using a Clariion CX3 and a Celerra NS20FC.  I don't
see anything for
> NDMP drive name in the Networker GUI.  The only drives names that I
have are
> \\.\Tape2147483637-46 which are VTLs on the Clariion.  And one more
> \\.\Tape2147483636 for our Dell Autoloader physical tape device with
LTO-4 tapes.

> > That help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jason
>

> Oh, we are also using a DL3D 1500 for our VTL, it has 10 drives
configured right now
> with about 3.8TB of space and LTO-3 tapes.

Thanks that says a lot actually - I think you need to have EMC complete
the whole NDMP setup by creating a new VTL/drives and tapes for NDMP use
only on the celerra, using some of your free DL3D space, (unless you
have a spare VTL kicking around?) and then have them create a new
autochanger/jukebox for it all using jbconfig in networker, then create
ndmp pool etc etc. (assuming the zoning on the san is correct for it
all).

See the pdf file "Configuring NDMP Backups on Celerra" on powerlink
(search documents/all support), and you will see the procedure for
creating NDMP/VTL setup on the celerra side, and the good old NW admin
guide for the setup on the NW side - if you cannot get EMC to figure it
out you can do it yourself if you are not afraid of the linux command
line and manual device creation in networker.

jamie