Networker

Re: [Networker] strange error when I do an "ALL" Saveset backup

2009-03-19 14:29:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] strange error when I do an "ALL" Saveset backup
From: Andrew Dietz <andrew.dietz AT OIT.GATECH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:23:00 -0400
Did you ever get a reply from the list or else found a resolution for the problem you described in your post (below) from 3/6?

We started seeing the same (well, very similar) error when backing up the VSS SYSTEM FILESET: to NetWorker 7.4.4 server running Solaris 10:

C:\windows\system32\wamregps.dll
C:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
C:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe
System Writer - ERROR: Failed to save FileGroup files, writer = System Writer
System Writer - Error saving writer System Writer
System Writer - ERROR: Aborting backup of saveset VSS SYSTEM FILESET: because of the error with writer System Writer.
System Writer - Error saving
7162:save: save of VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ to scotch.tape.gatech.edu failed

TIA,
Andrew

tlnguyen wrote:
Hi all,

I have a wierd problem on my lap. We have 2 exchange 2007 in CCR mode (xmbx1
and xmbx2) where mbx2 is in passive mode.

I've create a backup group in Networker 7.4.3 to backup those client servers.

During backup I receive this error on my active node (xmbx1):

savegrp: suppressed 2 lines of verbose output
System Writer - Error saving file path C:\windows\system32\ibmwasr.exe that is associated with Shadow Copy path \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy231\windows\system32\ibmwasr.exe. The system cannot find the file specified.
System Writer - ERROR: Failed to save FileGroup files, writer = System Writer
System Writer - Error saving writer System Writer
System Writer - ERROR: Aborting backup of saveset VSS SYSTEM FILESET: because
of the error with writer System Writer.
System Writer - Error saving
7162:save: save of VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ to wood-5-2004 failed

does anyone have a hint what this is ?