Networker

[Networker] disassociate/migrate clones

2009-03-16 01:52:22
Subject: [Networker] disassociate/migrate clones
From: Alan Rubin <Alan.Rubin AT NT.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:14:37 +0930
Hello,

In 7.3.3 how do you disassociate or migrate clones?

We're decommissioning a client and they've asked us to keep the last
full backup and set the expiration to 2015.  I migrated the backup out
of our 1 year pool into our 7 year pool and changed the retention date.
It seems that Networker also changed the retention period for the clone
as well.  If I try to change the retention date for the clone to expire
it, Networker won't let me or changes the date on the original backup as
well.  So, we're left with a long term saveset in our 1 year clone pool
which is what we were trying to avoid in the first place.  I've tried
dealing directly with the clone by using ITS ssid and cloneid, but
changes have still been made to the original.  How do I separate the two
so I can remove the clone or migrate it to the right pool?

Regards,

Alan Rubin
Technician Unix
DCS Midrange Services