Networker

Re: [Networker] Disaster recovery of a Windows client question

2009-03-13 15:48:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disaster recovery of a Windows client question
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:41:35 -0500
Hello,
It does not matter, if your recovery is successful & if you have issues
logging into domain after initial reboot, just log in with local admin
account and demote the sever to workgroup, reboot and re-join  the domain.
Thanks

MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/13/2009 02:34 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Disaster recovery of a Windows client question

"James Pratt" <jpratt AT norwich DOT edu> wrote on 03/13/2009 03:29:02 PM:

> [...]

Not yet. I considered deleting the AD account, joining the new machine to
AD with the old name, and then doing the full SYSTEM STATE recover. But
the recover would put back the old SID. And I can't tell if it would
change the old SID to match the new; change the new to match the old; or
just generate a whole new SID in AD and on the machine.

I am about to kill the old AD account, and join the new machine to the
domain with the old name, and then start a full recover ... I figure it
will either work, or fail miserably ....

type