Networker

Re: [Networker] Disaster recovery of a Windows client question

2009-03-13 15:48:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disaster recovery of a Windows client question
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:41:49 -0400
Cloning alone will not give a new sid, it will be duplicate. This is why
you have to run "newsid.exe" - alternatively if you are using ESX/
Vcenter, you can setup a "Guest customization specification" that will
do the sysprep for you in the cloning , but that is only if you are
cloning from a "template vm" as opposed to a running or powered off
"regular" VM.

Hth

jamie