Networker

Re: [Networker] Mysql

2009-03-13 07:37:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Mysql
From: Stan Horwitz <stan.horwitz AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:30:14 -0400
On Mar 13, 2009, at 6:56 AM, Ólafur Þ. Sveinbjörnsson wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows if there is a backupsolution for Mysql from Networker ?

I don't think so. What we do with our public domain SQL databases such as MySQL is simply dump them to a separate directory and then let NetWorker back up the associated files. We do this once a day. I am not an expert in MySQL at all, but it should have a tool sort of like RMAN in Oracle that can do data dumps.