Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??

2009-03-06 09:20:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:11:05 -0600
Hello,
My recommendation would be to get through the migration on the same
version that you are on a production server, that way if you run into
issue, you are not attempting to troubleshoot multiple actions.
Alternatively, you can delay the migration to new system and upgrade
first, just waite long enough to iron out any issue you encounter before
moving the host, be sure to read release notes that comes with the upgrade
and address any additional concerns it may have.AT the least while
updating, document your configuration & have a bootstrap copy of original
server at hand, also do the upgrade either after a full backup cycle or
the least busy time for the backup environment, giving yourself plenty of
time to fix any issues, availability of support from EMC etc should also
be considered ( since you are doing this the first time).
Thanks

eljub <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/05/2009 11:49 PM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject

SMarie wrote:
> Thank you for the tips.  I will consult the Disaster Recovery Guide.
> Seems like the quickest - hopefully painless method is to the keep same
computer name and IP and restore Networker files and present my index luns
to the new server.

> *Main Question...do I need to upgrade from v.7.4.1 to v7.4.4 prior to
doing any file restores to the new server?  I want the new server to be
running version 7.4.4  I have never done an upgrade/update to the
software.  Prior admin updated to v7.4.1.  Any information is appreciated.

Hi Marie,

My test are with the same version, 7.4.1 to 7.4.4 and I have no problem
with so I think that you are not obliged to update your old server.
But EMC recommend it so you have to choose your way :)

|This was sent by eljub1 AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type