Networker

Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4

2009-03-05 16:56:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:47:28 -0600
I agree that NMC is better off on servers other then master server,
however, there may be many companies that only has one master server, last
time i tried migrating to NMC to SN i ran into issues, i will have to take
up that project again.
Thanks

Stan Horwitz <stan AT temple DOT edu>
03/05/2009 03:38 PM

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>,
<Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4

> From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 15:31:53 -0600
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4
>
> Why not just make GST a dependent service for the last networker service
> that starts up.

Ideally, the Console Manager should be run on a different system other
than
the NetWorker server. That way, when gstd starts, after the NetWorker
daemons start on a server is immaterial. It also takes some of the load
off
the NetWorker server. The console GUI will also be more responsive.

I set up the NMC on a Vmware Linux system several months ago after running
it on my Solaris 10 NetWorker server for over a year.