Networker

[Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??

2009-03-05 06:53:30
Subject: [Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??
From: soupdragon <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 06:48:01 -0500
>From the Disaster Recovery manual:

Note: The mmrecov command is used to recover only the media database and
resource files. To recover the client file indexes (including the NetWorker
server?s own client file index), use the nsrck command. The NetWorker Command
Reference Guide provides details about the mmrecov and nsrck commands

After mmrecov completes, the Networker service needs to be stopped, the
recovered nsr res.R directory renamed and the service restarted. My guess is
that nsrck -L7 is failing because it expecting the server name to be that of
the old server. You can modify the local /etc/hosts file (assuming this is
first name resolution preference) and add the old hostname before the new. Then
the nsrck -L7 should work.

There are a number of different scenarios concerning recovery of one server to
another in the Recovery Roadmaps section of the Disater Recovery Guide

|This was sent by julian.barnett AT standardchartered DOT com via Backup
Central.