Networker

Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4

2009-03-03 13:39:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4
From: Ken Gehring <ken.gehring AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:36:29 -0700
For us, the reason for NMC not populating seems to be with nsrlcpd. It
looks like starting nsrlcpd causes our library to do either a reset or
redo the physical inventory. In either case, it take a while (worse if
the library is pretty empty). When you restart networker, take a look
at what your library is doing.

Ken

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:17 AM, tcassid AT kimball DOT com
<tcassid AT kimball DOT com> wrote:
> We are seeing some of these problems as well. We are Windows 2003
> NetWorker 7.4.3.  I have two open severity 1 cases with EMC on these
> issues. They have been open for some time and I'm still waiting to get a
> fix. Our two biggest problems are the bootstrap job taking 15+ minutes to
> run and the other issue is if we reboot or re-start NetWorker it takes the
> NMC 15+ minutes for the Monitoring screen to populate. We have a little
> over 200+ clients.
>
> Our any of you seeing these issues. Long bootstrap runs and NMC not
> showing the monitor data after a cycle of NetWorker for a long time.
>
> I'm almost 100% positive its the jobsdb casuing the issues.

> this list. You can access the archives at

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin