Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Networker for Mac OS

2009-03-02 10:52:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Networker for Mac OS
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:50:53 -0500
> From: nkarthik <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:42:27 -0500
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: [Networker] EMC Networker for Mac OS
>
> Hello Everyone,
>
> We are running Networker for Linux and Windows backups. We have a existing
> setup on Apple Mac platform coming to our control and we need to recommend and
> setup a backup environment. Does anyone running Networker on Mac OS? or will
> recommend any other backup software for Mac?

A NetWorker client is available for Mac OS X. It is available on your
distribution media and via PowerLink. We backup a large Mac G5 server that
has an Apple disk array attached to it. The backups and restores there work
fine via NetWorker. I used to back up my MacPro workstation to tape via
NetWorker, but I stopped doing that when I upgraded my workstation's OS to
Leopard and began using Time Machine. I am a big fan of Time Machine for
workstations, but it is not an enterprise worthy backup application.