Networker

Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4

2009-03-02 10:26:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] v7.4.2 to v7.4.4
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:22:49 -0500
This assessment of 7.4.4 pretty much mirrors our experience with it so
far.

Shortly after we upgraded to 7.4.4 (on win23k, ~100 clients), we started
having failures of our Exchange backups. Upgrading the Exchange module
has helped with those issues for the most part. We have also had
problems with some groups hanging, but upgrading the clients to at least
7.2 or above has helped significantly with that. It does seem to need
more overall babysitting and at least a weekly stop/restart of the
server processes to keep the jobsdb happy and healthy...otherwise we see
more groups hanging / failing and overall problems if we don't.