Networker

[Networker] Owner notification for aborted savegroups

2009-02-20 14:50:55
Subject: [Networker] Owner notification for aborted savegroups
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:36:58 -0500
In union there is strength.
--Aesop

Does anyone else feel that the 'Owner notification' should function like
the other Notifications do in Networker ? I feel if I abort a group (for
whatever reason), or if a group aborts on its own, that Owner
Notification should be performed just like the other Notifications are.
We use Owner Notification to inform interested parties (who request it)
about backup results of specific clients. In the event a group aborts,
the Owner Notification is not performed. It only seems to be performed
if a group the client is in completes normally, which is not always the
case... I feel the Owner Notification should be tied to the event just
like the other Notifications are... If you agree and would like to see
this implemented, please request to be added to the following Request
For Enhancement:

RFE LGTpa54275 - NSR_Client Owner notification for aborted savegroups

Thank You...

Paul G.