Networker

[Networker] jukebox reconfig question

2009-02-19 02:42:26
Subject: [Networker] jukebox reconfig question
From: kit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 02:37:34 -0500
I support a site using  using with 2 data centres, in each data centre there is
-
1 x Solaris 10 system (sever/storage node)
1 EMC EDL  with embedded storage  - 12 devices to solaris , 6 devices to the
embedded storage nodes
1 x SL500 tape library with 6 tape drives , 4 presented to Solaris and 4
presented to the EDL node ( 2 shared drives)

Getting to the point I have used the GUI auto-configuration on
7.3.2/7.3.3/7.4.2/7.4.3 with complete success across the solaris/EDL nodes. It
recognised the shared drives with no issues.
Delete all devices/jukeboxes. Scan for devices .........

When a drive changes address (that problem has been dealt with) or we
reconfigure the presentation of them I have been able to drop drives from
libraries and add the new drive using reconfigure library.

I have also used it on smaller sites with success.
I have stopped using jbconfig/jbedit.

I would like to know if any body has bad experiences with auto configuration of
libraries. If so what OS and NetWorker version.

Regards

Kit