Networker

[Networker] jukebox reconfig question

2009-02-18 14:25:23
Subject: [Networker] jukebox reconfig question
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:18:40 -0500
I'm going to be reconfiguring my jukebox next Monday and before I go and delete the jukebox and recreate it (and inventory 800 tapes) just to move a tape drive from one storage node to another, I'm hoping that jbedit will be my helpful helper here...

I'm running 7.4.4, on a Solaris 9 nsrserverhost and several Red Hat Linux storage nodes. The jukebox robot is attached to the Solaris 9 server and the 14 tape drives are spread across 7 storage nodes. The plan is to move drive 14 from rd=stornode1.uvm.edu:/dev/nst0 to rd=stornodeA.uvm.edu:/dev/nst0. The jukebox identifies this as element 40013 (via sjisn).

Anyone fluent enough with jbedit to confirm that the following will work:

jbedit -j 'Qualstar XLS' -E 40013 -d -f 'rd=stornode1.uvm.edu:/dev/nst0'

jbedit -j 'Qualstar XLS' -E 40013 -a -f 'rd=stornodeA.uvm.edu:/dev/nst0'

-- if it is -- I figure I should at least disable the jukebox in NetWorker while I'm doing this, but should I really (to be safe) shut NW down? Should I perform the delete, move the tape drive, and then perform the add? Or is that timing not relevant?

Thanks,