Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving Networker Index

2009-02-17 14:35:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving Networker Index
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:33:58 +0000
Mike M. wrote:
> My /nsr (my networker index as I understand it) directory is currently
> filling up the disk which houses it.  I was wondering how one goes about
> moving that directory to a different location on the same server.
>
> We are using Networker 7.2 with Solaris.

It's pretty easy. You can move the entire structure to a different
filesystem (with NW shut down) and remount it as /nsr, or you can
symlink it to a different location. If you have some particularly large
indices, you can move just them if you like, and update the "index path"
attribute for that client.