Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR_DIR for NDMP device, any different?

2009-02-10 14:13:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR_DIR for NDMP device, any different?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:10:55 +0000
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 01:45:37PM -0500, dmitri wrote:

> Thank you Darren.  One question:  how do I use it?  I tried to add:
> EXCLUDE=/vol/dir
> OR
> EXCLUDE=dir
>
> Both forms got ignored.

Second one looks correct to me.  Remember, NDMP to netapp is just
running the netapp 'dump' command with some extra parameters.  I
believe the item in "EXCLUDE" is just being interpreted the same was as
the "X" option to dump would be.  You can read the dump(1) man page for
the netapp to see how it interprets it.

You can also increase the NDMP logging level on the netapp to see the
environment that is passed in from Networker.   I know a debug level of
70 will show it, I think 50 will as well.

--
Darren