Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR_DIR for NDMP device, any different?

2009-02-10 12:24:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR_DIR for NDMP device, any different?
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:22:49 -0500
I'll go out on a limb here ( I'm not up to speed on NDMP ) and say I don't
think directives will work.
They are normally interpreted by uasm and NDMP backups are done by whatever the
NAS filer uses
(dump and tar being quite common ).
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:59:56 -0500, dmitri <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL
DOT COM> wrote:

>NW7.4.4 on Sparc Solaris10, DL3D 3000 VTL
>
>running NDMP over DSA (NetApp), trying to add a global directive to exclude a
>volume from
NDMP backup, with no apparent luck.  I was wondering if it's any different then
regular
nsr_directive?

>I was trying the following forms:
>

><</vol/dir>>
>&nbsp; +skip&#58; .?* *
>&nbsp;
>&nbsp; &nbsp;OR
><</vol>>
>skip&#58; dir
>
>&nbsp; &nbsp;OR
><</>>
>skip&#58; /vol/dir
>
>None of those work
>
>Can anybody please shed some light to my dilemma?
>
>TIA
>dmitri

>|This was sent by dmitri_ryjikh AT ml DOT com via Backup Central.
>|Forward SPAM to abuse AT backupcentral DOT com.
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type "signoff networker" in
the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
edu if you have any
problems with this list. You can access the archives at