Networker

[Networker] Tape positioning

2009-02-10 09:54:37
Subject: [Networker] Tape positioning
From: gmanfredy <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:47:46 -0500
I am running networker 7.1.3 on tru64....  I am new to Networker and Unix so
please bare with me.

Every time a backup runs into a tape issue and media verification fails my
backups stop and start from the top (very beginning).  A couple of the backups
had already backed up roughly 300GB and was almost finished after 15hrs of
running.  I usually see an error stating tape positioning is disabled.

Could this tape positioning be the cause of the backup starting from top and if
so how can I enable it?  Or is just the way it is designed.

Please advise
Thanks in advance,

Guillermo Manfredy, Jr. (Freddie)
Operations Administrator