Networker

Re: [Networker] Location of a successful backup saveset not viewable

2009-02-09 02:21:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Location of a successful backup saveset not viewable
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:21:36 +1100
On 09/02/2009, at 18:16 , kurianv wrote:

Hi,

We have a Netapp filer being mapped on a windows server with 4 Mapped Locations. So in Networker 7.2 we have added this windows client with mapped drives as seperate savesets. We do a full backup of the client including the saveset. We are able to successfully backup. But for restoring when we check thru Networker User , Iam not able to see one of the mapped location. The other 3 are viewable with successful backup , but the 4th is not viewable. What is the reason behind this, even though we have a successful backup of this saveset, why is the location not viewable thru Networker User ?

Check to see whether you can browse via the command line utility, 'recover'. Sometimes I've seen this happen with the backup of mapped shares where it's not visible in the GUI, but is visible via the command line.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog:

http://nsrd.wordpress.com