Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup Problem: Client in Group not Erroring

2009-02-06 14:43:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup Problem: Client in Group not Erroring
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:40:12 -0500
If you've maintained tight open port ranges and firewall rules with
previous versions of networker, you'll find that you need to expand on
these settings.  I can usually tell if a client will or will not backup
properly depending on how well I can access all of the functions under
Local host for that client under the NMC Configuration tab.

One other note, I use v7.4.3 and still have an occasional backup session
hang.  It requires a manual stop/restart to get it to complete.  The
stop will generate the same "Cannot determine status of backup process."
message.

I hope this helps,
Patti Clark
Linux System Admin