Networker

[Networker] jukebox transfer to another storage node

2009-02-02 07:30:14
Subject: [Networker] jukebox transfer to another storage node
From: kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 07:28:55 -0500
stan wrote:

> > From: kurianv <networker-forum < at > BACKUPCENTRAL.COM>
> > Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 05:16:08 -0500
> > To: <NETWORKER < at > LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU>
> > Subject: [Networker] jukebox transfer to another storage node
> >
> > jst a small doubt...is it possible for us to apply jbconfig from storage
> > node
> > side in this case......for tht do we hav to install networker software...
> >

> You can transfer your tape library license from one server to another. Just
> contacting licensing < at > emc.com to make the request. They need to know the
> hostid of the server where the license is currently registered and the
> hostid of the server where the license will be moved, and the library
> license's enabler number.
>
> You will get a new license in email. Once you have the new license, delete
> the old one from the registration window on the old server, then add the new
> one to the registration window on the new server. Make sure you delete the
> old license first though.
>
> There's no need to move any software for this, just license enablers.

I think you did  not get my question and scenario...in this case we are not
moving any server...actuaally the same server remains and only thing what we
are doing is replacing the tape library at the storage node..

For the license ...we already have storage node license and also  autochanger
license enabled. My question actually is regarding the procedure for
installation at the storage node...WHAT IS THE COMMAND WE HAVE TO APPPLY? IS IT
AT THE STORAGE NODE OR BACKUP SERVER ?
storage node is windows 2000 adv server and also the backup server is win 2000
adv server for ur info.