Networker

[Networker] two separate networker environments

2009-01-28 07:41:53
Subject: [Networker] two separate networker environments
From: helenjay <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:36:58 -0500
Hello,
We have two separate environments.  The first is Solaris's version of Networker
7.2 on Solaris 9 with an SL500 used for our SAP environment, the second is
Networker 7.3.2 on Solaris 9 with an SL500 + two storage nodes, used for
everything else.  The question is, is there any way these two separate
environments can 'talk' to each other, i.e. can you share the hardware without
incurring loads of cost, licenses etc.  I ask because we currently send
physical tapes off site and wish to get away from this.

Many thanks in advance.