Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup does not load tape in proper volume sequence

2009-01-22 12:33:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup does not load tape in proper volume sequence
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:32:43 -0800
We are running Networker 7.2.  We always label our tapes manually and
try to keep them in numerical order.  I have found in the past that when
selecting a tape to load Networker chooses the first tape in the most
recently labeled series.

For instance if we have tapes in the library like this:

        1       BkupPool        85%
        2       BkupPool         0%
        3       BkupPool         0%

Then I add tape numbers 4,5,6 and label them.  If I only label 4,5,6
then when 1 fills it will choose tape 4 to load next.  If however I
include 2 & 3 in the labeling process so I'm labeling 2 through 6 in one
command then it will choose 2 next.  I don't think I'd call that a bug,
just the way Networker works.

I hope that explanation was clear enough but if you have questions let
me know.

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon