Networker

[Networker] Tapes marked FULL imediately

2009-01-20 16:12:22
Subject: [Networker] Tapes marked FULL imediately
From: zeke666 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:04:30 -0500
I am running 7.4.3 on a new installation. I am using a DELL PwrEdge 2850 with a
Scalar 24 (2 SDLT320 drives). I am running RHEL5. When I try to backup the
local filesystem on the server, it loads the freshly "labeled" tape and
immediately marks the tape as full. It proceeds to load the next tape and the
same thing......and so on and so on.
Initially I tried using SLES10 as the OS but the EMC support seemed more adept
at RHEL......so I installed RHEL. Regardless of the OS the same problem. The
message in the /nsr/logs/daemon.raw file is:

 media warning: /dev/nst1 writing: Device or resource busy, at file 2 record 1
 nsrd media notice: sdlt320 tape 000001 on /dev/nst1 is full
 media notice: sdlt320 tape 000001 used 0 KB of 160 GB capacity
 nsrd write completion notice: Writing to volume 000001 complete