Networker

[Networker] Get SSIDs (from daemon.log) following an aborted savegroup?

2009-01-20 11:31:01
Subject: [Networker] Get SSIDs (from daemon.log) following an aborted savegroup?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:11:12 -0600
We're currently running 7.2, with plans to go to 7.4 (at present) and
maybe this changes in the newer versions with explictly-rendered
daemon.logs, but... ?\

When a clone-enabled savegroup finishes with cloning errors, eg., if
aborted, etc., we see a message :

        Automatic cloning has failed for 15  savesets in the savegroup
XYZ. Please check the daemon.log for details.

Looking in the daemon.log, the failed clones are all indeed listed, but
only by saveset client and name - the SSIDs are not shown. Why, oh why
doesn't Networker put the SSIDs there as well?? I've scripted a (very) Q&D
method to extract them from the daemon.log, to be fed to nsrclone, but
with all the backslash escaping and such, I'm not overly confident of
accuracy.

Has anyone else done this, or is there a better way to retrieve the SSIDs
in such a situation?

Thanks.
--
   Len Philpot

   Cleco IT Network Services, PGO3 - ext 7167
(318) 484-7167