Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 (32 bit) to Windows 2003 (64 bit)

2009-01-14 15:58:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 (32 bit) to Windows 2003 (64 bit)
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:56:44 -0600
Hello,
we are on 7.3.3, i could not definitively pin the issue on SP2 but we
downgraded to SP1 for some quirkiness, may be you may not have any issues,
just ensure correct drivers & apply 64 bit version of Networker, the
easiest way would be to copy the nsr and install Legato, re-attach the
Tape Library & everything should work fine.Verify hardware compatibility
beforehand.
There is a  KB articles from MS  regarding SCSI reserve release on W3K
that should be applied.
Please follow the Dr doc just in case and make a backup of the original
server. Since the host id will change you will need to re-apply for
licences.If you plan on using the same host name\ IP, then you should
ensure no duplicate IP & server name are presented at any given time.
HTH

"Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
01/14/2009 02:13 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Windows 2000 (32 bit) to Windows 2003 (64 bit)

We are looking to move our 32 bit windows 2000 backup server to 64 bit
windows 2003.

Has anyone had any experience with this?  Any issues?

We will be doing this with 7.4.3.

TIA.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk

type