Networker

Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Networker module for exchange and vss

2009-01-14 09:03:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] SV: [Networker] Networker module for exchange and vss
From: Kenneth Larsen <kel AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:01:59 +0100
Hi

Got it all figured out, me thinks  :)
The registry to disable the vss for exchange worked like a charm.
And then the ()#&%)#/%& pix firewall had a timeout, which we raised from 1
hour to 5 hours. Why the 1 hours gave me a 2 hour window, I dont really
know, but it helped :)

I think these 2 settings amount to the the same thing, but doing it at the
firewall level, was a better choice

Environment variable NSR_KEEP_ALIVE=15
Registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\keepalivetime

= 300000

and now onwards to the SQL, databases :)

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261
With a revenue of ?1.8 billion and more than 18,000 employees, Steria is
one of the top ten IT services companies in Europe. Steria Denmark's
ambition is to reach a yearly growth of 20% in the coming 3 years. We are
assisting our customers with: Consulting, Business Solutions, Project
Management, Lean, SOA, Portals, Application Development, Open Source,
Business Process Management, Document Handling, Business Intelligence,
CRM, Customer Contact Center, Outsourcing, ITIL, Service Desk, Operations,
Hosting, Infrastructure, Security etc.