Networker

[Networker] File index error: `hostname` is not a registered client

2009-01-13 15:59:16
Subject: [Networker] File index error: `hostname` is not a registered client
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:57:20 -0500
Hello - My google'ing skills are apparently weak today.... :\

When I run "nsrim -X", I see a few of these:

nsrck: checking index for 'mssql-vrtsrvr'
39078:nsrck: File index error: `mssql-vrtsrvr' is not a registered
client

(They are clients that have been removed using the NW Gui - no savesets
or indexes were meant to be "left around", but apparently it does not
work that way)..

I tried to remove the index using "nsrck -Y -R mssql-vrtsrvr" but it
throws the same error...

I did find this thread in the archives, which has a shell script to
properly fix the scenario on Solaris, but wondering if anyone can share
the equivalent steps/procedure on Windows, as I don't really have the
time to port it to powershell/windows scripting. (Although I would like
to, and probably will once I figure it out!)

http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/Networker/2004-06/msg00133.html

We are running NW 7.4.2 - Win2k3/32bit ...

Thanks and Regards,

Jamie

--

James Pratt