Networker

Re: [Networker] Lrage File System Backup : Level Full

2009-01-12 10:25:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Lrage File System Backup : Level Full
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:23:19 -0600
Hello,
If you are using same Legato Group and schedule for your Differential &
Full backups, then you will get error " Savegroup already running" you
cannot run the same group twice at the same time.( This is different then
having two instances of client and saveset within two separate groups)
If you use  script or separate group then both would start up, however, i
would caution against such an approach , as the server resources are going
to be hammered, eventfully it may result in more failure or issues.
If you frequently run into this issue, then you should re-evaluate the
backup strategy.
HTH

psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
01/12/2009 09:12 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Lrage File System Backup : Level Full

I am plannig to configure a backup job for large file system data using
following schedule.

Mon-Fri : Differential
Sat : Full

What happens if tht full backup won't finish before the scheduled
diffferential backup on Monday ?

|This was sent by soni.parth AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type