Networker

Re: [Networker] A NetWorker Server Mystery...

2009-01-08 16:38:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] A NetWorker Server Mystery...
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:34:12 -0600
Hello,
I do not have an answer just questions.
Have you run mmino cmd to list clientid and name, do they match what is in
the errors ? what i am trying to get is if there is any corruption of
networkers internal dB ?
What symptoms besides log file do you have ?
Are the backup and restore successful ?
How are you rendering the logs, check the man page and try to verify if
the formatting is correct for it.
If you run some basic cmd line or GUI functionality such as listing
clients, recent backups, devices does it seems to be accurate ?
>From what networker version did you upgrade from  ? What OS ?
Have you created any recent client after upgrade ? try it and see if this
new client also have the same issue ? the reason i say this is if there
may have been problem with dB conversion.
Thanks

JGillTech <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
01/08/2009 03:12 PM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
A NetWorker Server Mystery...

After upgrading to the latest NetWorker Server (7.5), I have a new error
in my daemon.raw file concerning the media database.  I have done
everything short of deleting the entire media database:

67990 1/8/2009 3:18:36 PM  2 0 0 6496 9968 0 cpback nsrmmdbd Failed to
resolve name for '0e84a5ab-00000004-495d814f-495d814e-00010000-89636d70'
67990 1/8/2009 4:07:54 PM  2 0 0 6496 9968 0 cpback nsrmmdbd Failed to
resolve name for '60acb186-00000004-495d8151-49617644-00ce0000-89636d70'

The long strings are Client IDs, this happens for everyclient on my
NetWorker server, including the server itself.

Any ideas?  EMC doesn't have any as of 4:00pm on 01-08-09.

|This was sent by Jonathan.Gill AT uconn DOT edu via Backup Central.

type