Networker

[Networker] Media Error : Daemon.log

2009-01-05 08:46:15
Subject: [Networker] Media Error : Daemon.log
From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:40:01 -0500
Few of the tapes are repeatedly being markd as full  before reaching their full
capacity.
I manually changed the mode to appen but that didn't help.

My backups are running fine and only specific volumes are having this prob.

I saw the deamon.log and found the following message

nsrd: write completion notice: Writing to volume 000157L3 complete
01/03/09 06:00:58 nsrd: media warning: \\.\Tape0 moving: fsf 1: drive status is
The end of data was reached
01/03/09 06:01:00 nsrd: [Jukebox `[email protected]', operation # 45]. Finished with
status: succeeded
01/03/09 06:01:05 nsrd: media warning: \\.\Tape0 moving: fsf 107: drive status
is The end of data was reached
01/03/09

Any ideas ??

I am trying to figure out whether the prob is with the tape drives or only with
the specific tapes.

Only few times in the past I had problems with the tape drives being put into
service mode due to the max. # of consecutive errors but this is not happening
on regular basis.

Thanks